Tuesday, January 20, 2015

D&D 5e & Montporte

So I received my first taste of two things yesterday:

- D&D 5th edition, as a player.

- Montporte Dungeon.


I'll get a summary up tonight, after I get home from work (I'm on lunch now.) My short summary, though:

- D&D 5e ran smoothly. Roll20 made it hard (lots of clicking back and forth to see the map, character sheet, etc.) I like how Advantage/Disadvantage works in play. Combat was scary and entertaining.

- Montporte was fun to explore. The place is so big it makes my "megadungeon" laughably small. It's a true Superdungeon.

- the group was fun to adventure with. Three short, sharp hours of nearly continuous play, and I enjoyed it greatly. I'm sorry Monday is one of my never-fail-to-be-busy work nights, but perhaps I can guest star next time a Monday holiday rolls around. We'll see.

- Somehow, I didn't kill off the loaner PC I had. I didn't try hard enough. I blame myself for that.

3 comments:

  1. I just want to say I really like the idea of the super-dungeon because encounters are spaced out enough that earth magic does not become a nuisance. Wizards can use shape earth all they want but if the next encounter is a long distance away then the wizard would be better off just walking down the hallway. Plus it seems much more realistic to have monsters spaced out instead all piled in adjoining rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had fun.

    Somehow I missed the Superdungeon post and the Pyramid article. I will have to hit up Warehouse 23 this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Roll20 makes for a very cluttered screen, particularly for players. Not as bad for the GM. On the plus side, it is easy to use, reliable, and supports D&D 5e very well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...