My DFRPG box arrived today. Let's see how it looks:
Opening the box was interesting - this is probably the first GURPS item I've pulled out of shrink wrap since the 1st edition boxed set.
- the box needs a side-spacer. Okay, fine, but I'm not sure what I'm supposed to cram into the side once it breaks or I ditch it. My dice bag?
- it's very attractive. I already feel bad about the amount of damage mine is going to suffer from general use.
- I'm not excited by special dice with pips replaced by images. These dice are nice, but fit exactly that description. I hope my players don't use them.
- it's very flattering to have my name in a boxed set in any fashion as a contributor.
- it's more so to have monsters I made up for my own games and specifically for DF in the monsters book, and as cardboard heroes - Rock Mites, I'm looking at you!
- the maps are nice.
- I love the back covers being useful charts, not just a back blurb or art.
I haven't taken any shots of the GM screen yet, but it's also nice. I wish it had charts on the player side, too, and chose to put the damage modifiers for locations up. My players and I use that constantly.