I got a notice yesterday that my DFRPG materials are on the way - I should receive them Saturday.
We'll start using them right away, which means next game.
What I'm hoping the DFRPG will do for me:
- simplify my game overhead by reducing the numbers of PDFs I need to keep open and places I need to reference.
- get more buy-in from players reluctant to read and learn the rules.
- replace my so-so GM screen with a DF-centric screen*
- allow me to replace all references for rules with a simple house rules bundle and "See Exploits."
What I don't expect it to do:
- fully replace my DF books, especially template-heavy ones and Power-Ups we intend to keep (which is all of the ones we're using now.)
- undermine the DF-compatibility of my materials
- fundamentally change our DF experience
We'll see how it all goes next game, which is in just a couple of weeks.
* My plan for the screen is to print out the PDF of the screen and tape that to the player's side, as well - they don't need pictures, nice as they are, they need charts.