Friday, September 11, 2020

Next AD&D - A2 Secret of the Slaver's Stockade

We've settled on our next AD&D.

This Sunday, we'll be playing A2 Secret of the Slaver's Stockade, by Harold Johnson with Tom Moldvay.

This will be my first time running it as a tournament adventure.

We're using the tournament pre-gens, and using our usual house rules.

Here is more stuff I think my players will want to look at before we play:

Initiative.

Avoiding HP Loss in AD&D

More AD&D Rules Changes for A1

AD&D Session 5: A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity I

AD&D Session 6: A1 Slave Pits of the Undercity II

I still think that A2 Part I can be a bit of a drag . . . but hopefully it will not be, with a very different group than I dealt with back in the day. Part II is lot of fun, but skipping right to it means missing out on the one chance I'll have to run the whole A-series as written. So what the heck, we'll roll with the whole series!



On a related note, I was looking at ADDICT. It's nice enough, but it has two issues for me: one, it uses a lot of specific options tied to rules in Unearthed Arcana, and two, it's overly long, often using examples that are too wordy. While it's amusing at first to see famous AD&D characters from the original campaigns mentioned, after a while I find it gets in the way - and it leads to footnotes that aren't exactly tied to rules. I need to find an editable version of it so I can cut it down to just DMG-era rules to simplify it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...