Friday, March 26, 2021

Random Links for Friday 3/26/2021

- This looks so fun. I love the colorful minis of this era of warfare.

A little bit of DBA
More Medieval HOTT

Honestly, though, I clicked on it because a) I didn't know what DBA stood for, and b) DBA was the short-hand for a band I like - one I saw live a lot right before I moved to Japan - Dirt Bike Annie.

- Can you backstab a shark? Heh, no. Or double yes, according to someone who commented on my comment!

I Need a Ruling

Fun stuff. Don't try this in my DF game, you'll regret it. And I will really, really laugh.

- A short look at initiative in D&D versions:

Initiative in D&D from Original to 3e

Das Schwarze Auge is another game that I'm interested in knowing more about. Sounds like they had fun playing it:

Playing Das Schwarze Auge after 28 years

- I really liked the Elric story that took place in Nadsokor. I assume that story is where ward-pact demons - a tough monster in Wizard's Crown - came from.

I wish I knew who borrowed my copy of "Stealer of Souls," though. It's been gone for a couple years and I don't want to replace it. Or replace my copy of Shadow Blizzard, either, not that we're talking about Pehov books. But yeah, guys, give me my books back.

- Not gaming, but if you're interested in warfare theory you might like this:

AN IRREGULAR UPGRADE TO OPERATIONAL DESIGN

- The weather is getting nice, and we've been getting vaccinated (some of us) - a mix of pre-existing conditions and jobs that are prioritized for distribution. So maybe we're looking at an outdoor, in-person game sometime soon. If not DF, then something else. I think playing online by default might be the new thing, though - it's just so much easier for our guys who live 1-2 hour one-way drives away from game.

2 comments:

  1. "I think playing online by default might be the new thing, though - it's just so much easier for our guys who live 1-2 hour one-way drives away from game."

    That and as you iron out the kinks, it might just become even easier, all your minis are available at a moment's notice once you have assets for them. Though it does leave something behind at the table, the miniature fondlers in your group might feel a certain lacking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for including my blog post about playing Das Schwarze Auge in your Friday link list.

    I plan to try some old DSA adventures with my kids and write about it on my blog.

    Hordes of the Things is a great, abstract Fantasy game that would be suitable for playing out mass battles in a RPG context. Have you ever tried it?

    I didn’t know Dirt Bike Annie. I like their energy.

    Have a nice Sunday!
    Cheers,
    Karl

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...