Saturday, March 13, 2021

Random notes from making a character for DF/DFRPG

I'm making up a character for a one-shot DF/DFRPG game run by one of my players.

- I vastly prefer humans. Especially at 250 points, you may net/net get more from being non-human but you don't get to choose where those go. I had a great character idea but we're all non-humans, and I couldn't afford my planned guy because I had to spend some points on stat changes I don't need and advantages not as fun as my plan. Point-buy is equitable but sometimes you just can't do what yours thinking of doing.

- I love GCA, but I usually end up picking advantages from "pools" and then deleting them all and starting over from a total list off the template because "up to" or "at least" always make you choose "exactly." So a template-legal character might not be GCA-legal on a first pass through the system. It's still incredibly useful but it makes for an extra step.

- I still don't have a good .gdf file for DFRPG armor. Does anyone? I should sit down and make one, finally, as it's annoying to do that park of my equipment on paper. This is handy, though - my DR to cost/weight comparison. Starting characters, even those trading points for money, can't afford much armor. No starting with plate like a lucky starting fighter in AD&D!

- I also need to put my DFRPG loadout article stuff into an .gdf file, too.

I'll let you guys see my character once we've played. I'll be coming into the game late, in all probability, as the reason I can't GM that day is also the reason why I might be late . . . but I should get some playtime in and I'll blog about that next Sunday and Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...