The actual "what's next" plan involved AD&D and A2. But the next GURPS is really the question, here.
What's to do in the Cold Fens:
- explore more. A hard way to earn cash but an easy way to get 1-2 xp.
- find the dragon's lair. Believed to be in some ruins. Ties into the above.
- go after the giant brothers. The group is hoping they're blinded and dead, but somehow their treasure is left unclaimed. Maybe. Perhaps they're fine, and their treasure is too . . . but round 2 will be a hard fight for both sides as they both can come more prepared.
What's do in Felltower:
- the usual list of no-goes. Gates, explore deeper, fight the beholder, fight the dragon(s), go down to the level with the killing floor.
- kill the draugr.
- kill the cloakers, "behir," Big John the troll, and others who must have loot because reasons.
Overall, I'm not sure where the PCs see their opportunities. The lack of exploration has killed the rumor total, and the pool gets smaller - unless you explore more, there isn't much new "Oh, hey, that reminds me . . . " knowledge to be had. Or pseudo-knowledge, as rumors generally are.
From the outside, I wonder, does it seem like there are other possibilities? I think the campaign is still going fine, but that to a degree the players can't see the forest for the trees and the trees for the forest. So much has happened and so much gone and forgotten . . .