Friday, October 8, 2021

Friday Links 10/8/2021

Links & thoughts for Friday.

- No, I'm not done with my project yet, I'm still writing. The wordcount in no way justifies the amount of time it is taking.

- I'm a sucker for a pretty tabletop battle. Here are two:

SPARTACUS AND THE SLAVE REVOLT

THE BATTLE FOR JAPAN SAMURAI VS SAMURAI

I love the look of 16th century Japanese armoured gunners. If I'd known - or had information on - the Hojutsu team in Matsumoto Castle - I'd love to have included that in GURPS Martial Arts. We did okay for doing research 17-18 years ago.

- When I re-watch movies I've seen a bunch of times, I often look up cast and crew details while I watch along. The Internet Movie Firearms Database is a gold mine, especially since I can't help but watch movies and think of how they'd translate into games. It's also a good way to find out that Crazy Earl in Full Metal Jacket is armed with a Red Ryder BB gun.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, I go to the IMFDb for gaming interest too.

    That "Seven Samurai" flag is kinda hilarious. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "...Crazy Earl in Full Metal Jacket is armed with a Red Ryder BB gun."

    But he'll shoot his eye out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was taking an enormous risk. He earned his moniker, that Crazy Earl.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...