In GURPS Dungeon Fantasy, Holy Water is all of $15 a vial, $7.50 for clerics. It's expensive for water, even by 2021 standards, but it is cheap as dirt compared to potions and other concoctions. Even a 1d6 healing potion costs $120, and mild poisons - easily resisted and doing minor damage - range from $20 per dose.
Yet, despite that, my players are convinced - half-seriously, half-kidding - that it should do more. Much, much more.
Powers my players have ascribed to, or suggested for, or claimed are logical for, holy water:
- it acts as Paut for clerics and holy warriors
- it acts as a healing potion for clerics and holy warriors
- it's poisonous to evil creatures
- it damages evil creatures on contact, instantly
- it removes curses
- it exorcises evil from anything it is poured on
- it repels evil creatures
- it turns unholy water into holy water
- it neutralizes poison
- it refreshes good creatures, restoring FP and acting as Essential Water
- it turns your mother into a basketball . . . not wait, that's SPACOM.
For my players - anything I have missed?
See also: GURPS 101: Item/Spell Effects or Creature Weakness