So I received my first taste of two things yesterday:
- D&D 5th edition, as a player.
- Montporte Dungeon.
I'll get a summary up tonight, after I get home from work (I'm on lunch now.) My short summary, though:
- D&D 5e ran smoothly. Roll20 made it hard (lots of clicking back and forth to see the map, character sheet, etc.) I like how Advantage/Disadvantage works in play. Combat was scary and entertaining.
- Montporte was fun to explore. The place is so big it makes my "megadungeon" laughably small. It's a true Superdungeon.
- the group was fun to adventure with. Three short, sharp hours of nearly continuous play, and I enjoyed it greatly. I'm sorry Monday is one of my never-fail-to-be-busy work nights, but perhaps I can guest star next time a Monday holiday rolls around. We'll see.
- Somehow, I didn't kill off the loaner PC I had. I didn't try hard enough. I blame myself for that.