Wednesday, July 1, 2020

SJG A-HEADs through D-HEADs in Word's navigation pane how-to (Word 2013)

This is only semi-GURPS related, but it's SJG related.

I posted about this in 2017.

I moved from Word 2010 to 2013 a while back, and the trick to put SJG's custom styles into the Navigation pane isn't the same as it was in that version of Word.

For Word 2013, it's actually a little bit easier once you know how.

How do I set a style to be a heading in Word 2013?

Short version - click Modify, pull up Format, click Paragraph, and set it from "Body Text" to a heading level. I use these:

A-HEAD - E-HEAD: Headings 1-5

C-BOXHEAD - Heading 3 (same as C)
D-BOXHEAD - Heading 4 (same as D)

I think that's easy enough; you could set them to A1, B2, C3, C-BOXHEAD4, D5, D-BOXHEAD6, E7, too, but I generally don't need to see a box as different layer when I'm searching.

I hope that helps GURPS authors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...