I broke down and got Grand Tactician: The Civil War (1861-1865) when it went on sale for Black Friday at GOG.
I fired it up and played around a bit.
- it's really attractive
- the default font is tiny. I was sitting about 15" from my 15" laptop and needed to squint
- the tutorial is pretty helpful
- this is pretty much the game I wanted when I was sitting around playing SSI wargames like Antietam and Gettysburg: the Turning Point.
- I'm still concerned about the A.I., since I'd rather play as the Union than the Confederacy and I think a solid A.I. is needed to make that fair.
- this is going to suck hours and hours out of my life, help!
Just kidding, don't help. I'm reserving play for when I have a bit of time this weekend. I do have some other goals besides winning the Civil War for Mr. Lincoln. But I will spare some time to play and post about it!