Friday, March 27, 2015

My latest GURPS DF book is on to production

According to Sean Punch's latest "Another week in the life of GURPS "

"The latest GURPS Dungeon Fantasy masterpiece from Peter Dell'Orto is out of editing and on its way to production."

First out, I'm glad he liked it.

Second, that's a big step forward on the process, so soon enough I'll be able to announce what it was here on my blog. Naturally, you've seen some of it in play already, and more as my sessions roll along. My games are a generating machine for good GURPS content, and for that I'm grateful to my gamers, who find a way to turn a lot of my writing ideas into real, actual tabletop fun. And thanks to Pee Kitty, who put in the final editing work and helped make the last little wonky bits into solid gaming material.

I'm looking forward to being able to discuss it once it comes out. Sadly I don't have another one in process just yet; my free time for writing has dwindled to near-zero thanks to a contract job I accepted. That's a really excellent job, and it pays well and it's actually challenging and interesting . . . but it means the hours of the day I'd spend tapping away letting my ideas flow out onto a screen are spent on some non-gaming challenges. But I have some ideas of what I'd like to write next, for when I have more time to do so . . . and yes, it'll be DF related, and draw on my game. I'm looking forward to what I'll do with my writing time.

5 comments:

  1. Any hints as to the topics? Other than DF-related, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't, really. I'm never sure what's an acceptable detail to leak or not leak. I know I can get away with saying it's a lot of stuff people will retroactively recognize from my game, but I'll admit that's a very broad hint. It could be almost anything within the DF sphere.

      Delete
  2. Can't wait! I'm sure it will be useful and great! good luck with the new job contracts as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...