It's looking like:
- a swampy, cold badlands to the east of Stericksburg, close to but not quite along the river route to the east.
- some wilderness mixed with dungeon-delving and possibly lair-clearing.
- possibly a small-area hex crawl, if I can do up the hexes by Sunday.
- limited access to special gear (this isn't Stericksburg). So the PCs will need to special order any good stuff for a while. Minor healing potions and paut will be available but not in unlimited quantities, stronger stuff will be much less available (6-, for the most part.)
- a main area that contains a throwback, for me, to elementary school, modified to fit a go-and-return sandbox instead of a more direct go-and-complete quest.
- side areas that draw from campaign-specific references and from a couple of sources that have been on my "must use" list for a while.
- definitely a need to have some outdoors abilities. It looks like someone will run a barbarian, which would make that a little better for the group. A scout would be useful, too.
- an interesting mix of enemy types - some familiar, some new.
- and at least one Felltower tie-in!
In anticipation, I've tried to speed-paint up some minis I'll need for the game. I primed a barbarian mini, who will take a little more time. I'm not sure I can get him done, but I will try. The others are monsters and whatnot. And yes, there will be apes. Why wouldn't there be apes?