Friday, March 20, 2015

TSR AD&D Minis - Monster Tribes

I finally got a (very nice, unpainted, lead-rot-free) set of the humanoids and trolls boxed set from the TSR AD&D line.

I had an original set back in the day, and I still have most of the minis, but I traded some minis away to friends (notably, the troll with his arms overhead) for other minis, and still others broke.

Well, now I have a complete set that ran me $16 with shipping - not bad at all!

 photo Monster Tribes 001s_zpsrf1lmgj2.jpg

Those guys will paint up nicely. I don't need most of them, only that troll, but it's nice to have all of these intact. They're generally fragile, though, so I may have to decide if I want to paint them for gaming (in which case, I accept some breakage as we go) or just to display at some point.

We'll see. But I've finally gotten "back" that troll figure I lamented trading to Jay A. way back when.

4 comments:

  1. Those look great! And only $16 seems like a really good deal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To replace the ones I lost, yeah, I think so. The set was probably like $10-12 back in the 80s, so it's cheap at the price.

      Delete
  2. Hmmm. Some concern that you "need" that troll...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It'll mean one more mini and one less andi-made troll counter!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...