I got that orc chief assembled:
It took some clipping on filing on the bottom of his shield - it's got a ball-and-socket kind of arrangement to make sure it fits in the right spot, but it didn't work so well. I clipped that off. It also has some gaps in the shield, like it's an old and broken one.
What I did was try to epoxy it on, but that failed utterly - too much space. I realized that in a few seconds and removed the epoxy.
Next, green stuff aka Kneadatite. That worked like a charm - I got some rolled up, flattened out a little, and stuck the chief on. No glue - I've never found I needed glue to keep two parts greenstuffed together staying together. It's adhesive enough.
My camera hates extreme closeups, but you can see some of the Kneadatite in there. I made sure to let it fill but not pop through. I have to make sure to paint those bits the color of the victim's clothing.
Too bad we're looking at snow showers today and tomorrow, I'm really read to prime this guy and go. The orc should be pretty fast, but the victim will take some work. It'll be worth it. A good victim adds a lot to a mini.
Still no idea what I'll do with him, exactly. Probably just deploy him as any other orc. He'd make a great statue, too, but he's too fun not to do as a real live orc.
By the way, I put all my pics behind "more" tags all the time now. I'm trying to keep the page friendly to pay-per-byte downloading. That way if you see a "more" tag, you know, come back and look on an unlimited use line. Or just skip the posts about my minis collection.