Tuesday, July 3, 2018

What AD&D is next?

Since we had such a good time with White Plume Mountain, I asked my players about another round of AD&D. Here is what I put up on the list as options and my comment:

C2 Ghost Tower of Inverness (tournament style, with pre-gens)

G1-3 Against the Giants (we'd do them one after another)

S1 Tomb of Horrors (warning: not hack and slash. Come ready to think.)

For low-level fun:

T1 The Village of Hommlet (we'd skip the village except as background)

With T1 I'd say we'd make up guys you'd want to run again in the future. For the rest, pre-gens and one-shot guys.


We'll see what they choose, or should I say, what we agree on.


Some adventures I like but I rejected:

A1-4 - the Slavers Series - because most of my players have been through at least one of these modules. I may bust out A4 at some point, as I think it's a great adventure with an unearned bad reputation.

S4 Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth (I used its central conceit as part of Felltower as a direct homage)

WG5 Mordenkainen's Fantastic Adventure (it's good for a smaller group, and we'd have between 7-10 PCs)

S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks (too much prep for right now)

Return to White Plume Mountain (it's 2nd edition AD&D, so I'd need to fix it a little, and do a lot of re-reading.)

The Mud Sorcerer's Tomb (from Dungeon magazine - great stuff, too much prep.)

. . . and another Unearthed Arcana-era adventure that is too high level for my players. They just won't have the AD&D experience to really get much out of being high-level characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...