Monday, July 2, 2018

Ever run S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks?

I'm wondering if there is anyone who has run S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks straight-up, preferably with 1st edition AD&D. I have some questions and I'd love to see game summaries or hear feedback on it.



It's been on my "to run" list for a while, but the adventure seems like a difficult one for the GM - and for the GM to describe even given shared dungeon vocabulary. So if you have run it, or can point to a summary (not a review), that would be very helpful.

I'm specifically not looking for comments that contain spoilers for it - I'd be running it for my crew, some of whom are unfamiliar with it besides the basic concept. I am also not really looking for advice on mixing magic and tech. Just on the actual mechanics of running the module itself.

I do intend to run this at some point, with AD&D, once I feel like I have a good handle on how to do so. This is long-range planning as I'm too busy these days. But I have to start my long-range planning a long time ahead, right?

2 comments:

  1. run it twice

    i recommend putting in extra quests and things and ppl to locate on every deck otherwise its like a exotic zoo trip where you kill everything. the intelect devourer between decks as written was the worst encounter. Its a shame nobody in dungeon will talk to you. Druid was very useful as lots of plant monsters.

    Feel free to email me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aargh! Spoilers! Some of my players had no familiarity with it beyond "magic vs. wrecked starship."

      I will email you when I have some questions, so thanks for that!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...