Monday, December 26, 2022

Terrain, Tokens, and Decorations for Foundry VTT?

I'm busily creating my dungeon features for Felltower in Foundry. I'm having the usual issues - perfect minis for a token but I can't find the mini in my collection, tools that aren't always the friendliest in the world, a Run Time "5" error on GCA sometimes killing my NPC imports, and so on.

My current wonder is, how do I do terrain features and the like for Foundry? I've found lots of maps with details on them, but I really need a set of things like trap doors, couches, bookcases, boxes, urns, etc. like I had (somewhat) in Roll20.

Even being able to roughly draw them would be fine, except that drawings are all-or-nothing. It's very easy to wipe them out with a single wrong click and it's hard for me to draw well with a pencil nevermind a mouse or trackball.

There must be a "terrain pack" of some kind. And something with weapons so we can place dropped weapons down would be sweet. I'm beginning to think I need to take a lot of pictures and make tokens for each and every one. That sounds . . . very labor intensive.

So if you know of a good pack, or a good solution, I'm open to suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...