Saturday, December 13, 2014

Monster Manual Master of Magic easter egg?

So I'm reading the 5e Monster Manual, and I find this quote:

"No one carves statues of frightened warriors. If you see one, keep your eyes closed and your ears open." - X the Mystic's 4th Rule of Dungeon Survival
(Monster Manual, p. 24)

I was wondering what Mystic X did after he helped me become the Master of Magic. Maybe now I know. He kept whacking monster lairs, and still has enough sense to flee Nature nodes protected by basilisks.


3 comments:

  1. X the Mystic was a tournament pregen in the 1st edition D/G series, I think - the MoM is a reference to it if I'm not mistaken

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't be surprised if X the Mystic is used somewhere in an old AD&D/D&D module, but no one of that name is in G1-3 or D1, 2 or 3 in my copies (monochrome or color). I checked B1, too, but nothing close.

      Delete
  2. I1, Dwellers Of The Forbidden City, p. 28.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...