Thursday, December 10, 2015

New Release: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 17: Guilds

Some GURPS books I know are coming, and I can't wait for them to come out.

Some I know are coming, but my brain discards this information as useless.

Some are both.

This one was both - I knew about it, I peer reviewed it, and I was really excited about having it come out. Also, I totally forgot about it and if you'd asked me this morning what DF17 would be I would have said I had no idea. Thanks, brain.

GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 17: Guilds





Yet now that it's out, though, a flood of memories of all the cool stuff in it came back to me. I will be using elements of this (stripped down, as usual) for my own DF game.

But what is it?

Matt Riggsby has expanded the options for "town" in DF without actually requiring any more detail on "town." He's added guilds, which, for some character point investment provide benefits to the members. You can get assistance from your guild - what kind, or at least what kind is easiest and best to get from them, varies by guild. It's a nice little system of resolving what resources you can get out of membership. It individualizes the guilds and yet gives them flexibility in what they provide.

If you want social connections of the PCs to matter more, or if your PCs want their social connections to matter more, this book does that very well. Join a congregation, enter a drum circle of druids (aka "a murder of druids"), or sign up with the wizard's guild.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...