Saturday, May 30, 2020

My Famous Gaming Buddy Ryan

Wyatt's player shared this article from Variety with us the other day:

Inside Joe Manganiello’s Epic Dungeons & Dragons Campaign

Why do we care about some celebrity's D&D game?

Because one of the players is one of our gaming buddies, Ryan. If you ever hear me talk about Malkav the Apocalype or that guy who gave me Ruins of Undermountain and who convinced me to play Borderlands 2 (I'm still playing) or runs the craziest Vampire games . . . that's Ryan. He's from the same town as me, Wyatt's player, Gerry's player, Dryst's player, Honus's player, Mo's player, Borriz's player, Inquisitor Marco's player, and even the player of the entire Barca clan.*


That's him, second from the right, a couple of chairs down from the guitarist from Rage Against the Machine.

Amusing stuff. Ryan's a heck of a GM and a player. He can drive you 10 kinds of crazy in a 9 crazy game, but it's enjoyable. It's amusing to no end to see him written up in this whole "Hey D&D is so geeky it's cool!" wave of press.



* Yeah, most of my gamers are from the same town - Nutley, NJ. One that got some play on Futurama, even, despite not being in New York or on Mars. It happens - I tend to game with my friends, and play only those games we collectively want to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...