Monday, May 25, 2020

Operation Uranus - Final Status

I posted about this in the morning - I'd made a big mistake, I'd claimed, trying to slam the doors shut a little too soon on the Germans in Stalingrad.

I was right. I kept trying to nail the door shut, but those pesky Nazis kepts managing to clear a supply route every turn and kept desperately pushing me away from Victory Point (VP) locations.

I jumped the gun and didn't have the firepower to seal a gap too close to the powerful German front line units.

Here is the final state:


And the result:


At least I have the consolation that I inflicted more Axis casualties than I took by a small margin (like, 110,000 inflicted for 100,000 lost.) Mostly Axis allies - Hungarians, Rumanians, Italians - but the Soviets could afford to trade 1:1.

I'm not surprised or disappointed. I didn't do well, here. I had advantages and I got a little too ahead of myself so I wasn't able to capitalize on them. My command of air power and logistics is still weak. I may give this another play-through as the Soviets or the Germans.

I do really enjoy this game, though. It's just a little too detailed for me. I need more AI assistance to take some of the load off. Still, good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...