Yesterday the latest issue of Pyramid came out, and Doug Cole and I have an article in it.
So what else is in it?
- Psychic Swords Against Elder Evil by Sean Punch. A nice call back to his Swords Against Evil swashbuckler article, this one is for folks who channel psi powers into physical blades to chop up Elder Things. It has a template, power-ups, and five new Elder Things.
- Hidden Knowledge by Christopher Rice. Spellbooks, developing over-powered hidden spells, and learning a hidden magic system, all for your delvers into forbidden lore.
- Living Rooms by David Pulver. Inside the living dungeon - with a nice mention of Snit's Revenge, which might be the first published game-related living dungeon.
- The Magic Touch, by Matt Riggsby. Eleven new magic items for unarmed martial artists, from bottles you break on your firsts to extending grappling sleeves.
- Dire and Terrible Monsters, by Douglas Cole and me. Terrible & Dire Monsters came out of a joke that Doug and I decided to run with in the face of many groans. It's both totally silly (the Terrible Bunny) and straight-up lethal DF monster enhancements (also see the same Terrible Bunny.)
- Random Thought Table: Complications Made Simple, by Steven Marsh. It's a nice little guide to how to spin up complications in your DF game (or other game) based on what you know or left undefined in the margins, without a lot of work.
I've read about a third of this so far, and skimmed the rest, and I'm enjoying it. The DF articles are always pretty fun. And now is your chance to see what I think a rabbit's stats should be in DF.